Saturday, March 04, 2006

Feet?!

[posted by Nat]
Someone at work stopped in the hall the other day and said: "Wow, week by week you just..." and made a growing gesture with her hands. Yes indeed. I feel like I've doubled in size in the last two weeks. When I stand up straight and look down I can no longer see my feet!! Of course, I can still lean forward and see them -- that might change though. And my "innie" is getting smaller and smaller. Benjamin now weighs about 1 pound and is the size of a ... package of coffee, according to iVillage.com. Or a box of sugar. And that is just with his first layer of fat. In the next month he'll be packing on the fat and building muscles and his weight will double.

Speaking of feet, I felt a real thud a couple of days ago. I even felt it with my hand. (And as I wrote that last sentence I felt a couple tiny pops.) So, he's moving in there, though I can't really tell if there is a time pattern yet -- it seems to be more about how I am sitting or lying down. Yesterday I didn't feel anything all day, which, of course, worried me some because I was getting used to the occasional swish, but then once I was lying down and paying attention I felt a couple of pops. I imagine that what I feel depends on how he is positioned and that sometimes he has plenty of room to move around without kicking or punching me. A friend told me that the food she ate affected her daughters' in utero movement -- one apparently did dances to cauliflower.

Ok, off to pack! This is house prep week in Cville! More on that, I'm sure, when we start choosing colors for the nursery, etc.
-maman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home