Wednesday, November 01, 2006

No more tummy time

[posted by Nat]
On Sunday Benjamin started to roll onto his tummy. He did it several times in a row and now, whenever I put him on his back on his play mat, he plays with the toys above his head for a while and then rolls over onto his tummy.

He can't, however, consistently turn from his stomach to his back. He's done that several times, but I think he can only do it when his body is positioned a certain way. (I'm hoping he learns how to turn from his stomach to back soon because I don't like finding him on his tummy in his bed knowing that he can't turn onto his back — though Baby 411 claims that it's ok for a baby to sleep on his tummy once he can turn on his own).

Yesterday I stepped into the kitchen, leaving him on his back, playing happily with his catapillar. When I came back a minute later he was on his stomach and he had moved his body 45 degrees. As I watched he proceeded to rotate himself, pushing off the rug with his feet and lifting his behind in the air. He ended up almost 180 degrees from his starting point. Does this mean he will be an early crawler? He doesn't seem to understand how his arms could help him in this venture, so it's hard to tell.

- Maman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home