Monday, May 28, 2007

A few bites

[posted by Nat]
For the last few weeks it has been very hard to spoon-feed Benjamin. It's not that he doesn't like what he's being fed (usually), it's that he would rather feed himself solid foods. He also seems to think it's really funny to turn his head away from the spoon and shake his head "no." (Brian and I must shake our heads a lot to say "no.")

Distracting him from what I am spooning into his mouth has been the key. Usually I give him one or two spoons or even a bowl and he happily slams them on the table or drops them on the floor. Last week he started putting his spoon into the bowl I was feeding him from. I tried to guide his hand to put it back into mouth with food in it, but he kept his arm stiff and refused, preferring instead to feed me. Sort of makes sense.

This morning, however, he stuck his spoon into the cereal bowl and then... into his mouth! He took three bites on his own, then got bored and started splattering cereal everywhere. At least it's a start!

-maman

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home