Saturday, October 06, 2007

15mo

[posted by bkmarcus]

Lucia and Grayson, age 2ΒΌ
Benjamin turned 15-months-old on Friday. A year and a quarter. This is a special age I've been looking forward to.

In the background of this photo you can see Lucia and Grayson, who have been Benjamin's playmates at Miss Angel's in recent months. I've cropped them in close-up to the right.

Like Benjamin, these kids were born the first week of July, but they were born in 2005, making them exactly a year older than him.

This means I've had a regular "peek ahead" in Benjamin's development, the sense that "This is what Benjamin will be up to a year from now."

Benjamin a year ago

The first time that happened, I was sitting on our back deck, looking at Miss Angel's trampoline, wherein Lucia and Grayson were walking around, comfortable on 2 feet, chasing rubber balls, and failing to say anything I recognized as words. They looked like babies to me, but they were so dramatically different from my baby boy. I asked Nathalie, "How old are those babies?" She told me they were 15 months old. Ah, so that's what Benjamin will be up to a year from now. That looks like fun. And here we are.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home