Tuesday, January 17, 2006

resolution

[posted by bkmarcus]
The other day I wrote, "Their ultrasound must have been earlier than ours, because our little punkin has a definite human profile..."

Now I have reason to believe otherwise.

Compare these two images:



The one on the left is the ultrasound of a friend of ours. The one on the right is the pumpkin. They were taken at about the same age, give or take a few days. I saved them both out at the same file quality.

Tell me if I'm wrong, but it sure looks like our ultrasound is higher-resolution. That fits what the doctors tell us. Apparently Bryn Mawr Hospital is one of the first in the country to have this latest ultrasound equipment -- and it's only been available here for a few months! It makes our options different for this stage. Better.

There are some definite disadvantages to having the first 2 trimesters in Pennsylvania and then the 3rd trimester in Virginia. For instance, there are prenatal courses for new parents that require us to be in the same place for 16 weeks, which we can't do. The doctors and nurses we see won't be involved in our baby's birth, and we can't yet meet the doctors and nurses who will be. If I had my druthers, we'd be in Charlottesville for the whole thing.

But now I'm at least somewhat glad that the pumpkin was conceived in the right place at the right time for this new technology.

- papa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home