Tuesday, July 17, 2007

first phone conversation

[posted by bkmarcus]

I got my first phone call from Benjamin today. He was at the supermarket with his mother and apparently he was acting unhappy and signing "phone" …

His mother asked, Tu veux téléphoner à papa?

And apparently the answer was yes. Either that or he just started saying "papa papa papa papa" for some other reason.

So Nathalie called me and handed the phone over to her son.

I said "benben!" and he said "papa!"

Then I said "benben!" and he said "papa!"

It went on like that for a while. Then he said "bye!" and it was over.

I was excited and so pleased, because he usually clams up when offered a chance to speak on the phone. I look forward to future phone calls from him, even if we remain at the level of repeated greetings and an abrupt goodbye.
-papa

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home