Tuesday, January 19, 2010

misapprehension

[posted by bkmarcus]
This afternoon, I found Benjamin, dressed as a pirate, sword fighting with his mother, dressed as a shark.

I said, "I didn't know sharks could fence."

Nathalie, dressed like a shark: "No, I'm Captain Hook."

Me: "Captain Hook with a shark's head?"

Benjamin, dressed like a pirate: "She's disguised for Halloween!"

Me, to Benjamin: "So if she's Captain Hook, who are you?"

Benjamin, dressed like a pirate: "I'm Fido Flip-flop [a circus dog from Uncle Wiggily's Adventures]. I'm just disguised as a pirate for Halloween."

I didn't bother asking how a circus-dog-dressed-like-a-pirate could hold his own in a sword fight with Captain Hook.

Postscript: After hearing me read this post to his mother, Benjamin corrected me: "We weren't really fighting!"

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home