Thursday, February 16, 2006

Before knowing

[posted by Nat]
So I figure I should blog some thoughts before the ultrasound this afternoon. I'm getting excited about it, which is good because I was just feeling nervous about it earlier this week. Last ultrasound, as I've mentioned before, was a little stressful and I don't think I enjoyed it.

Do I think the Pumpkin is a girl or a boy? Right now I am thinking boy. I don't really know why. Perhaps because "his" profile looks like Papa's in the first ultrasound images. Or, I am a little embarrassed to admit, Brian might be right that I think it's a boy because I'm a little afraid of having a boy -- which is not to say that I wouldn't be happy to have a boy. A boy would be great and even more of an adventure, just more unknowns in the adventure for me. (I guess I don't have as much in common with Emma Bovary as I often fear, since she turned away in disappointment when she found out she had just had a girl.)

Last week I was thinking girl because of mystical reasons I made up (I think). This might be giving too many details, but it's a baby blog after all, so... the Pumpkin was conceived the week of the full moon, a feminine sign, and thus a child conceived under Diana's rays should be a girl... The main reason, though, is that I really really like the name Sophie.

Ok, off to get ready to go! (The song "Off to See the Wizard" has just popped into my head.)
-maman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home