Saturday, February 11, 2006

End of week 19

[posted by Nat]
According to iVillage the Pumpkin is now about 5.5-6.5 inches from crown to rump or 9-10 inches from head to toe (I think we've reached the transition point when the fetus is measured from head to toe instead of head to rump -- though considering the fetal position, I wonder how hard that is to measure!). For iVillage this size is comparable to a mango, for BabyCenter a small zucchini. BabyCenter also adds that if the baby is a girl, she has over 6 million eggs stashed in her ovaries, but by birth she'll only have 2 million!!

What to blog about? Since I can't seem to come up with a thread, here are a bunch of fragments:
  1. We are a week away from the half-way point -- unless the Pumpkin is early, in which case we may already be there.
  2. The pile of clothes I can no longer wear is getting higher and I need to make some time to pack it away because my side of the room is beginning to resemble a dorm room.
  3. I now come to this blog a couple of times a day to listen to the Pumpkin's heartbeat.
  4. Thursday, if the Pumpkin cooperates, we find out if we have a Sophie or a Benjamin. (To which I should add that Brian is now really hoping for a girl because I completely freaked him out at Ruby Tuesday's when the waitress thought he was paying the check and he "explained" to me that since he has a penis he is afforded certain assumptions by society to which I replied that I might just have a little penis right now...)
  5. For over a week now I've been strapping on the BabyPlus (will explain what this is later) from about 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. and then again from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. We're almost finished with lesson 1 (of 16).
  6. We've bought our first onesie.
  7. I've made my first baby playlist on iTunes and I am listening to it right now. Now playing: Marin Marais's "Couplets de folies"(note that the UNC Marais page has a typo: it was Louis XIV not Louis IV). Also on the list: Sting, Mozart, the Benedictine Monks, Bach, Enya, Beethoven, Joao Gilberto, Jacques Brel, Joss Whedon (2 songs from the Buffy musical), and Jorge Parra's version of "La Bamba".
  8. I've gained 4 pounds in the last 4 weeks, which is good because last doctor's visit I had only gained one and the nurse seemed a touch concerned. Who would have thought that I'd actually spend a month trying to gain weight?!!
  9. Brian has taken his first picture of my tummy (seen here after he photoshopped it) -- though I think it makes me look bigger than I am! (When I am wearing a blouse people at school have told me I don't look pregnant.)
- maman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home