Monday, March 20, 2006

Stories across the miles

[posted by Nat]
We just had our first storytime across many many miles -- papa being in VA and maman being in PA. Benjamin and I sported headphones while papa read to us through the computer (a feature of iChat). I don't know what Benjamin thought of the experience, but he was certainly more active than usual, kicking and turning. When papa first started talking to him I even saw the headphones jump! Then he settled in to "listen" to Peter Pan.
-maman

Papa adds: just so you can picture it, we have a "Y-jack" audio splitter that allows Nathalie to plug 2 sets of headphones into her computer. (This is how we usually watch DVDs together at night without disturbing the neighbors.) She wears one headset on her head and the other pair -- the ones that would usually go on my head -- go instead on her belly. On my end, I'm reading from my computer screen while talking into my new bluetooth headset. I know that at least one person who knows that we're doing this got a little teary at the idea. I'm sure others would find the whole thing rather creepy ...
-papa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home