Saturday, April 15, 2006

benjamas

[posted by bkmarcus]

At the local Macy's, the maternity department is right next to the children's clothes. While shopping for maman's new professorial pregnancy outfits, I'd wander through the aisles of the children's section, causing several nervous-looking mothers to pull their children closer to them.

I hated most of the boys clothes I found and almost all the girls clothes. (We didn't yet know that the pumpkin was a Benjamin and not a Sophie.)

I found a really great set of rocketship boys pajamas with feet, probably in the right size for Benjamin come winter. I also found a little black outfit with subtle pink ribbons for a girl. I asked Nathalie if we could come back to the store once we knew the baby's sex. But by the time we returned, they'd changed everything. No more winter peejays. Now everything was baby springwear and Easter outfits.

I really want some rocketship jamies for my baby boy.

- papa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home