Friday, June 23, 2006

Frustration

[posted by Nat]
During this time when I am increasingly uncomfortable (BH contractions are more frequent, often around my rib cage at night, which makes getting out of bed for frequent bathroom visits even more complicated) and have hardly any clothes that still fit, the last thing I wanted to hear yesterday is that Benjamin will probably be late.

Yes, late. Only three weeks ago the doctor thought he would be early. But now nothing has changed in three weeks (rather, since last week we are back to where we were three weeks ago). And this lack of change also means -- if I understood the doctor correctly -- a long labor. It's best to efface and even begin to dilate before labor begins and that seems to have stopped happening for me. (Any suggestions on how to get this going? I've heard plenty on how to start labor, but not how to "get ready" for labor.)

Of course, it's not unusual for first babies to be late. And it might be fun for father and son to share a birthday. I've just had it in my head that he would be early -- for a while now -- even though I was freaked out when the doctor told us he would be early three weeks ago.

In the end, of course, all that counts is a healthy baby and for now everything -- heartbeat, my size and weight gain -- is pointing in that direction.
-maman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home